Tuesday, August 10, 2010

OH NO!



OH NO! It's more charity art!

I was lucky enough to be have big time author/illustrator/show creator/kung fu master Dan Santat ask me to be a part of a great charity art auction for 826LA.

It's all tied into the release of Dan's new book (written by the amazing Mac Barnett), OH NO! (Or How My Science Project Destroyed the World)

Dan put together a very cool promotional video showing almost all of the great artwork from the show. Check it out here-




Dan explains it all here:

As a parent I can relate to the frustrations many parents must have in finding any decent place to help educate their kids. Here in California we suffer from state budget cuts and schools continue to suffer from even more budget cuts when they already have nothing left to lose. So I gathered up some friends. A little over 30 children's book artists (any more and my head would have exploded), and they did their own interpretations of Mac's book "OH NO! (Or How My Science Project Destroyed the World)"and starting August 23rd people can begin buying pieces off of eBay. (There will be two auctions, one starting August 23rd, and another starting on August 30th. There will also be a gallery show where all the pieces will be on display at the Nucleus Gallery starting August 14th. I will also be selling very limited edition prints from the book to go towards the charity as well as copies of the book itself.

So come to the cool opening on Saturday the 14th, buy cool art online, and watch Dan's cool promotional trailers. It's all cool!

Here's my contribution:


3 comments:

  1. Are you going to make a movie out of this...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I just did these images in support of the charity. They are based on Dan Santat and Mac Barnett's book, Oh No!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, well in that case, is there by any chance that a sequel to Yin Yang Yo would be made?

    ReplyDelete